Monday, May 02, 2005

Overqualified is the New Underqualified.

A certain retail establishment, which shall remain nameless, has informed me that I flunked their personality test. That's not the first time that has happened to me, but I would prefer it to be last. The fact is, I have a rare personality type, and these little automated people-sifters don't seem to know what to do with me. I'm like a Canadian quarter in the Chuck E. Cheese Token Vending Machine.

I had another interivew tonight, and with it a third grade level math test. Unfortunately, the numbskulls who wrote the test numbered the bubbles, so the answers looked like
o 1. 2
o 2. 2.43
o 3. 849
o 4. 384
0 5. 84.9
Combine that with the fact that they were too cheap to use original forms, and the xerox machine made the plusses look like division symbols, and you can understand my befuddlement.

Anyway, I felt generous today and gave away another billion-dollar idea.

I'm gonna start a think tank, or maybe a theoretical think tank, which would be cheaper and accomplish the same thing.

No comments: